Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Watermelon Heaven


Memphis has been experiencing summerlike temperatures in the nineties even though summer is still over two weeks away. When that happens the only thing to do is crank down the air conditioning, pour yourself a nice glass of sweet tea and fix a nice plate of chilled watermelon. Some people like their watermelon sprinkled with a little salt. Not me. I like it sweet exactly as it should taste. So the next time it's a hot day and you don't feel like heating your kitchen up, slice up some nice, cool watermelon. Enjoy!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kelli -

I've been meaning to leave you a comment. I never could understand salting watermelon. Mine has to be sweet as sugar, just like my tea! I read through your posts awhile ago and your creamed greens look awesome! I'm a huge fan of greens anyway but yours look especially decadent. I think my greens-hating family would even eat those.

Thanks for visiting my blog and for the kind words.