Thursday, July 3, 2008

My Favorite Breakfast (Lately)




Lately I have been craving something savory in the mornings for breakfast instead of my usual fruit and yogurt or oatmeal. What I can't get enough of is Pepperidge Farm mini bagels spread with a layer of Laughing Cow Original Swiss flavor cheese and topped with slices of small, seedless cucumbers and pepper. It is delicious.

A full size bagel is just too much for me in the mornings. Yes, I can eat a whole one but it sits there like lead for hours and I feel terrible. A mini bagel is very satisfying without overwhelming me. Laughing Cow cheese is incredible. Where have you been all my life!? I am a cheese freak from the very beginning of my life and I just discovered this stuff right before my 36th birthday. The 50% reduced fat (Light) version tastes just as good to me as the regular flavor. I split one little triangle of cheese in half between the bagel top and bottom. I peel and slice my little seedless cucumber on the diagonal in very thin slices and arrange them on the bagel and cheese. Top with black pepper and we're in business. It is light and refreshing and very filling. It makes me feel good to eat vegetables first thing in the morning instead of something sweet. I have noticed that I have more energy throughout the morning when I eat this kind of breakfast. Try this and I guarantee you won't be disappointed.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks yummy. I haven't had it in a while but I was a big fan of Laughing Cow cheese. I used to eat it when I was on Weight Watchers because the low fat one is low in points but tastes really decadent.

Have a great week,
Edie